Sunday, August 30, 2009

Oh My Deer (Dear)

Twenty years ago, September 1st 1989 Ray and I said "I Do" and we've certainly written a lot of chapters in the book of love and tolerance. Whether freezing at the top of Jackson Hole, Wyoming (who'd think to pack a parka in July?) or lazing on a beach on Oahu (or Florida, etc...we're beach people at heart) or living through the teen years (and staying sane), we've packed a few laughs and tears into the memoir.

My favorite love stories are Gone With the Wind and The Thorn Birds. For Ray, has Stephen King written any romances? Ray loves fast cars, sports, and roughing it in the outdoors. I like fast cars, reading, movies, and my idea of camping is the Holiday Inn.

This is way too wild for me. Set me down in the middle of Times Square, please. Hook me up with an agent in Manhattan, pretty please.


On paper, Ray and I are total opposites. In reality, it works. It's worked for twenty years, certainly have reason to believe it'll go twenty more. His half of the story is a thriller. My half is humor. So we laugh a lot as we keep turning the pages.
Joanne


2 comments:

  1. Congrats. You certainly have many travels to look back on together.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story. . . Congratulations you two!!!!

    ReplyDelete