Sunday, November 1, 2009

Vanquish the Fear - NaNoWriMo

November 1st, National Novel Writing Month begins and I'm already procrastinating by using my time to post this blog. But that's the way writing goes sometimes. The goal is 50,000 words in one month. 1667 words per day for thirty days. At the end of November, I should have the bones of a book - some characters, some plot, a story arc, and hopefully an ending. I wrote 50K last year, but never did arrive at a conclusion.

I will tell you this, my novel shall begin at the arboretum, and a toddler falls into a pond like this while trying to reach a water lily. What is her fate? Or is the focus on all the people in that area at that exact moment?

Stay tuned and wish me luck.



1 comment:

  1. I like it!

    I'm at 2370 (new) words for the day -- trying to front load the month as much as possible to account for three days of not writing at Thanksgiving. But, I must admit, I'm using the month differently. I'm doing "NaNoReviseMo." I decided I didn't want to stop my revisions for a month for fear I wouldn't want to pick it up in December. Also, I really want more time than I had to do my pre-writing on the next book, so...I stole the ReviseMo phrase from "The Intern" (a blogger I read). I still think I'll be adding 50K new words to my current book. Either way, I'm moving ahead and will enjoy the camaraderie and encouragement of NaNoWriMo.

    Happy Writing and Good Luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete