Friday, October 15, 2010

Austin Adventure

My book bag is packed. I have my schedule ready ... well actually it's overbooked. There are far too many authors, in too many locations, at overlapping times, appearing at the Texas Book Festival , and I want to see them all. This will be my first time in Austin for this event, and I'm excited to be amongst my people - word nerds unite.
Next year at this time, Chilean miners will have books published and shall probably be keynote speakers. In the meantime, I'm tempted by P.J. O'Rourke (the man is funny), a humor writer for The Onion should heighten snarkiness, a panel entitled 110 in the Shade caught my eye - writing in the Southwest, plus the gentleman who created Dexter (my new fave NetFlix rentals) provides insight on character creation. Also, Laura Bush, Meg Cabot, and Justin Cronin (The Passage), to name three out of over one hundred authors, are featured.
Austin shall buzz and the crowds should demonstrate that the written word is not dead, there are multitudes of readers, and literary hope prevails.

No comments:

Post a Comment