Friday, October 21, 2011

Recital : Di Wu

I'll be honest. I know nothing about classical music. Wish I'd taken a music appreciation class in college. But, the City of Bedford brought a world class Van Cliburn finalist to the Old Bedford School. Small venue. Amazing acoustics. And WOW! The young lady's fingers were a blur as she played a very French theme of her choosing. As a graduate of Juilliard, Di Wu has presence and passion. She explained our journey with the composers she chose, and it was a revelation for me.


Sad birds chirping in the trees - her fingers transformed the feelings to notes. A boat on the ocean - adrift with waves pounding and then under control. Fireworks - oh, yeah - the fingers flew for the explosion of sound. This was an extremely entertaining evening. Creativity abounded. All I can do is stand and applaud.

No comments:

Post a Comment