Thursday, August 16, 2012

Light Hearted Day

Decided to lighten the mood with some fun literature themed quotes:

I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train - Oscar Wilde

Immature poets imitate; mature poets steal - T.S. Eliot

This is not a book to be tossed aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force - Dorothy Parker

Finishing a book is just like you took a child out in the yard and shot it - Truman Capote

Free verse is like playing tennis with the net down - Robert Frost

There are just three rules for writing - but nobody knows what they are - Somerset Maugham

I know I have won the Nobel Prize for literature. Stop babbling, man: how much? W.B.Yeats

Critics are just cut-throat bandits in the path of fame - Robert Burns

Hope this brightened your Thursday - onward to a great weekend

4 comments:

  1. I think Oscar Wilde is my favourite :-) have a great weekend yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Maugham quote, so true. But the vampire cartoon is the best. I cannot relate to vampires or zombies which makes me reveal my age. My grandsons love them however and I notice that so many bloggers have written successful books with the vampire theme, sigh. And then there are the movies. . . . I am so out of touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Maugham quote is practically perfect! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great. I really like the three rules of writing!

    ReplyDelete