Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving - Soak in the Small Moments

 First, in regards to Thanksgiving, there's no better place to be (besides home) than New York City. My friends Linda and Cecil are visting there this week and thus, here's a behind the scenes shot as the huge parade balloons are aired up. SpiderMan will float high above crowds in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. The final float signals the official arrival of Santa Claus and the Christmas season.
Now, a Thanksgiving reflection. Last week as I strolled around the arboretum, I stopped and actually studied the nature around me. I was orignally focused on the babbling brook, but then realized that this tree was fantastic. I don't know how many times I've probably walked by this tree, glanced at it, and didn't think about it. This time I focused on this majestic, gnarled bark, character of a tree.

With Thanksgiving, I usually post my gratitude for family, friends, good health, and general life. And I am grateful for so much bounty - I'm truly fortunate. But this Thanksgiving, in the holiday rush, I want to make a special point of truly looking around me, and savoring the small moments.

1 comment:

  1. How cool that your friends got to see the behind the scenes at the Macy parade!

    Love the picture of the tree!

    ReplyDelete