Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Six Word Memoir by Larry Smith

A good friend sent me an article (2/15/15) from her paper, The Philadelphia Inquirer. A local boy, Larry Smith is married to Piper Kerman (Orange is the New Black) and a prolific writer in his own right. He encourages folks to tell their stories and his Smith Magazine issued a challenge in 2006 - write your six word memoir.   www.sixwordmemoirs.com

Here's one of his:  Old mixtapes foreshadowing my postmodern troubles

He received one from his friend Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love) : Me see world. Me write stories

So what's your story?

Here I am - She works to earn travel money

OR

Landlocked in Bedford, yearns for ocean

Share your tale in six words.  It makes you think, that's for sure





8 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the landlocked tale . . . we are kindred spirits there.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here I am! Cyclone alert overheard and busy with editing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hum. Let's see. "Live, laugh, love and screw housework."
    Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. made me chuckle. Very good memoir

      Delete
  4. I did this once before. I forgot what I wrote - it was that remarkable. Let's see...When all else fails, there's chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, yours had to include chocolate!

      Delete
  5. Corporate pink slip? Time to write. Or, My heart will always love words.

    ReplyDelete