Friday, June 24, 2016

Frivolous Friday

 Pulling out some old photos I've had on the blog before.  It's Ray's reunion weekend - the family gathers in east Texas. Here's an oldie from over twenty years ago. This is a small portion. They'll have around 150 people attend. Oh these crazy Texans - it's far too hot for me. (They play volleyball...outdoors...and it's going to be high 90s..)  I send my regards.
 How about a calm lake pic to soothe any Friday nerves....
 Getting ready for upcoming July 4th. Need to dig out all things red, white, and blue
 Oh yeah - this is my idea of a big gun.  Wouldn't life be simpler if everyone was issued a water gun?
The booths should open next week out in the country. After work, I need to buy sparklers!!!

Happy Weekend, everybody. Stay cool

18 comments:

  1. You're going to have fun with that water gun.
    Cool idea for sparklers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Water guns are way more fun. Wow, 150 people? That's a lot of reunion-ing to do lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. too many for me. I let Ray go and have fun with cousins,etc. I stay home and stay cool

      Delete
  3. That is neat with the family reunion that they make an effort to stay in touch like that, but I agree, too hot of weather. Glad you could bow out of it and stay where you are comfortable.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we worked this out a long time ago and I even had a blessing from his grandmother that it was okay.

      Delete
  4. I don't think we have 15 people left in my family much less 150! Just a handful of cousins now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't blame you for skipping the reunion if it was held outdoors. Too bloody hot, unless everyone was gonna be in the water. In the shade. With water guns.

    Have a super weekend. We're going to the movies in just a little while to see the new "Independence Day" movie. Woo HOO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to knowing if you liked it. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's hot! Stay cool, Joanne, and have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is Texas. Do not plan a summer tour here!!

      Delete
  8. I lived in Houston for 8 years and could not wait to leave that heat. I liked it otherwise but the weather was terrible. Water toys helped.

    @Kathleen01930 Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey. Bless you for surviving Houston. Ugh!!

      Delete
  9. We're going to D.C. for the Fourth, so no need to pull anything red, white, or blue out in our house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the Lincoln Memorial and the Korean War Memorial. DC is so pretty at night. Have fun.

      Delete
  10. Volleyball outdoors in the 90's sounds crazy to me. The lake scene is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texans are crazy. Ray admitted it was a tad steamy. He watches the games now, the knees don't want to play!

      Delete