Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Movie Review Madness - Fate of the Furious

Fate of the Furious is the eight installment of the Fate car chase franchise. What the heck – we know what we are going to get. And we love it.  This movie is still in theaters (yes, this review is a tad late), but it’s fun to see on the big screen. I am a huge Vin Diesel fan and he does not disappoint. With a voice that sounds like a motor growling, he’s a surprise. Did Vin turn on the family group and join Charlize Theron (a sultry smart villain) in her plot to take over the world?  Say it ain’t so.

I won’t give it away.  But the gang works hard to figure out what the heck is going on, as a nuclear sub could be captured and used for evil.  Fast cars, fast computer connections, and a lot about family. That’s the key to the Fate story line. Oh yes – we have Dwayne (The Rock) Johnson using his Mojo to thwart evil. Kurt Russell, Tyrese, Ludacris, Michelle Rodriguez, and more. The gang is gathered and ready to drive

This is just fun over the top crazy and worth seeing on the big screen  Spring for the big tub of popcorn and zoom along for the stunts, the quips, and of course – the cars.


16 comments:

  1. It was fun! As long as they stick to what works and keep stories coming, we'll keep going to see more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's how Ray and I feel. And I can forgive them for the crazy - this is for escape

      Delete
  2. I have not heard of this before, it do sound like fun. Loved the review.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a whole series Total loud fluff and fun

      Delete
  3. Turn the brain off and enjoy the ride, sure fun films indeed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I'll send my husband off to see it that way I won't have to be subject to it on TV. lol I am not a fan of that franchise...as one who is sensitive to noise, it's just way too loud w/ the really crappy heavy metal, screeching and explosions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for a fun, action packed flick. It's about time. Smiles.
    Keep enjoying, Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I like artsy and then some ridiculous. Variety!!

      Delete
  6. Have seen all of them, just not yet this one. Hopefully soon!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of those things that I just can't see what the hype is - maybe I'd change my mind if I saw one of the films but I'm really not sure I could sit through it!!! Being a film critique must make you suffer at times???
    Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is silly. I love only review films I want to see.

      Delete
  8. My sons will love this, I'm sure. Maybe they've already seen it! :)

    ReplyDelete