Friday, June 23, 2017

Fortunate Family

 Let's call this late Happy Father's Day to my Dad.  Here he is with my Uncle Rick.  My uncle is crazy surprised because my cousins threw a 50th wedding anniversary party and all the cousins were there from all over the U.S.  This is actually my mom's side of the family - the Shutters clan.
 L to R - Heather and Jen Shutters - they threw the party and are the daughters. Jen came in from Nevada. Heather lives in Quakertown PA near her folks.  Then Lori (DE) peaks over Uncle Rick's shoulder (he's my mom's younger brother age 78), then my brother David (nearby in Sellersville), Gary (MA) behind Aunt Connie. Then Mark (OR), me (I'm 4 days older than Mark), and Sandy (PA) is the elder cousin.  Quite a troupe.  Dad is front and center - he was the oldest person there and represents my Mom.  Oh it was a glorious gathering - we are fortunate - tons of laughs, no issues or family feuds.  It's great to get together for a happy occasion, since we all are getting older.
 Jeff and Jen,  Aunt Connie and Uncle Rick, Heather and Jeff.   Heather is quite the spitting image of my mother as a young girl.  It's uncanny.
50 years.  I attended their wedding at age 8. It was my first wedding and I thought she looked like a princess.  Through thick and thin, some health issues, etc. - a good marriage.

And we are all a fortunate family.

17 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this wonderful post and family pictures. It must have been a wonderful time.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure looks like a great times was had as you all got together. Even better when everyone gets along too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a joyous occasion! Indeed such blessings and wonderful family times!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joanne - a fabulous fortunate family ... and how lovely to have as many as possible with you - priceless photos ... delightful to see - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great pictures that will be treasured long into the future. That's really cool you were at their wedding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, you are a very fortunate family. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. It's a shame we are spread out across the US

      Delete
  7. Wonderful family photos and memories to treasure. I'm glad you had such a great get-together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. Glad for a happy occasion. That is key

      Delete
  8. Great photos!
    Have a super Sunday...

    Noodle and crew

    ReplyDelete