Sunday, July 23, 2017

Friends From College

I had high hopes for Friends From College on Netflix,  Alas, not so much now.  I went to college. Did not gather too many friends and no one acted this way. Maybe I did not go to Harvard…. Hmm.
So, these folks with their Ivy League schooling are seriously messed up. They are still either sleeping with each other and regretting it, barely employed, employed but hating it, have children that are destined for therapy, and are just flat ass jerks.

I had high hopes for this show but eight episodes at thirty minutes each was not a huge outlay of time. Nonetheless it was sad. Four hours of whiny pathetic people who f**cked around. Very sorry for the language but that’s what they were doing. Very soulless. Very sad and pathetic.

Colbie Smulders – a normally good actress, is decent in this show but is wasted. She’s a lawyer with a sucky hedge fund – not funny.  She wants to get pregnant – rather sad considering her husband who’s cheating on her (Keegan Michael Key –normally funny dude). Beyond that, you have Fred Savage playing a gay guy who’s a book publisher dude. He’s a jerk to his boyfriend.  All in all, everyone is a bit of a jerk to their significant other. What’s the point to this show?  Maybe I’m being cranky, but none of this seemed real.  It was just annoying.


Oh well. Yes, I committed four hours of my life to save YOU from ruining four hours of yours. You are welcome!

12 comments:

  1. I have this in my lineup because I also thought it would be something worthwhile, but I haven't started it yet. Thanks for saving me the time and aggravation of watching it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happy to provide a public service. I just kept thinking it would get better

      Delete
  2. Heard it was crap. Thanks for the reassurance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry it was a disappointment for you Joanne,
    You mentioned Harvard, I went by there whilst visiting Boston.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvard is a lovely campus. The folks on this show were not worthy alumni

      Delete
  4. You gave it more of a chance than I would have. If I'm not grabbed in the first couple of episodes, I'm out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit I was killing time half asleep after work

      Delete
  5. Thank you! I never heard of this though, but thanks for the review so I won't get suckered in :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have Netflix but that also doesn't sound like my college experience at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of good stuff on Netflix, but not this. I was too busy working and studying in college.

      Delete