Friday, March 23, 2018

Show Time - Putting It Together

I'm always preaching to support local theater. Here's a reason why - just a really nice afternoon spent listening to Stephen Sondheim tunes from his various Broadway Shows. Onstage Bedford did a nice,  thoughtful production. This is the last weekend to see it.  Four of the five vocalists were quite decent. One young woman was a tad "pitchy" but that's being nit-picking. She gave it her all, as did the others in the show.

I found that hearing the Sondheim tunes in independent scenes,  rather than in his complete shows, I really heard the words and had some different interpretations. Maybe a tad deeper. His music is "tough" in my opinion. You don't come out humming like a Rogers & Hammerstein musical. Sondheim is darker - explores a lot of the human psyche.

Good show, no seat has a bad view, worthy sound,  and worth my twenty dollars!
Check out local talent in your area. These folks are working hard for your entertainment

10 comments:

  1. Yes Joanne local talent certainly do neeed support. Pleased you enjoyed your show.

    Have a great weekend.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. I bet you would have enjoyed the variety of show tunes

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a show I'd really like. Glad you got to enjoy it. I love local theater too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ANY kind of live show like this, and this one sounds super. (Even the shows put on by local high schools make for great entertainment.)

    Have a super weekend, kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and you could join me and Connie above. That would be fun. Lunch and a show

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a grand time was had. Supporting local shows is a win indeed, as long as they are well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. these folks sure put their heart into it. It's not Broadway, but they sing better than I ever could

      Delete