Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Book Review - Little Bee by Chris Cleave

cover blurb - We don't want to tell you what happens in this book. It is a truly special story and we don't want to spoil it. Nevertheless you need to know - this is the story of two women. Their lives collide one fateful day, and one of them has to make a terrible choice, the kind of choice you never have to face. Two years later, they meet again - the story starts there...

Little Bee lives in Nigeria
Andrew and Sarah O'Rourke live in England with their son Charlie
Yvette is from Jamaica

Read Little Bee to find out how lives collide.

opening line - I wish I was a British pound coin instead of an African girl. Everyone would be pleased to see me coming

Little Bee, the girl, will warm your heart. Little Bee, the book, will tear your heart. Chris Cleave, the author, weaved quite a tale.

6 comments:

  1. I think this is your most intriguing review ever, Joanne. I've heard great things about this book. I'm itching to pick it up now. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you were close - I'd run it over to you

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. the tone can be forlorn, but the girl is plucky. That's all I shall say

      Delete
  3. Well, your review has captured my attention. Sounds fascinating.

    ReplyDelete