Friday, August 5, 2022

Friday Fun - Elvis


 Catching up on movies. Ray opted out of Elvis.  I was not in the mood for our 90 degree pool last Sunday afternoon, so I headed to the movies. Baz Luhrmann is always an interesting, showy director. Who better  to tell a story we already know? 

Too long!!!!!  That's my big problem with this film.  Edit, edit, edit. 

Yet, I still give it  a summer crazy from the heat rating  of B-/C+         The kid playing  Elvis, Austin  Butler, did  a credible job. Tough to  do  someone SO famous and unique. He  pulled  it off okay. 

Tom Hanks was suitably  creepy as Colonel Tom Parker. 

Elvis was Elvis was Elvis - the glittery jumpsuits, the pills, the  bigger than  life persona.  It's a sad story with a great soundtrack. 

4 comments:

  1. Good thing Hanks wasn't playing Elvis...
    Not too many movies have impressed me this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made me chuckle! It's been slim pickings

      Delete
  2. Hi Joanne - I still want to see this ... but may have missed it for now. I'm glad you went - still if it was too long you had longer in the cool! Cheers - it's hotting up here too ... Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well, it's fine for streaming too. Stay cool, my friend

      Delete