Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Whatever Wednesday - Let's Dance with the FWSO


 Enjoyed the fall family series presented by the Fort Worth Symphony. Candice and I were happy with the music choices. The theme was "Dance Music from Around the World". 

Russian, African, Romanian Folk Dance, and Hungarian Dance numbers filled the bill. 

The program is an hour long and  designed to introduce children to music. The tickets are inexpensive ($20).  The conductor explains a teensy bit and for this kid (me), I can better understand what I am hearing. 

We had  the bonus of the Terrell Dance Ensemble and the young ladies did a very nice job. 

Such a Saturday treat plus lunch afterward at a Tex-Mex place. Good music, good friend, and plenty of chat.  Fun!

6 comments:

  1. That is a good mix of dances. I've seen Scottish folk dancing in person. Fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice variety and the whole program is well done. I like to watch some Irish clog dance too.

      Delete
  2. Sounds great. I think you can sometimes enjoy these things more when you have a little extra knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - it's nice to know the background to the dance - whether happy or sad or fleeing some horrible circumstances. It's all about the story.

      Delete
  3. Hi Joanne - yes some notations are always helpful ... sounds a fun time was had - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I’ve learned a lot from this kid series Really well done

      Delete