Friday, July 7, 2023

Finally Friday - No Hard Feelings


 No Hard Feelings. 

I've read a few reviews that took this movie way too seriously. It's funny as hell.  Just lighten up people - not everything has to be an issue. 

Jennifer Lawrence has great comedic timing.   She plays Maddie - a woman who indeed keeps screwing up.   She has issues and can't let go enough to move on . By answering an ad from helicopter parents ( Laura Benanti and Matthew Broderick ) she agrees to bring their nineteen year old son Percy ( Andrew Barth Feldman) out  of his shell and prepare for college. (Might it involve sex? Yes,  but it's deeper than that and becomes less weird - trust me) 

Yes, it starts out a bit creepy but turns into a film where both key characters  grow. Maddie really doesn't respect herself.   Percy is an idealist who actually respects her and  the idea of truly caring about someone.  They talk a lot and ultimately meet in  the middle.  One matures. One learns  about herself. 

You have to just go with it and be happy with the ending.  I was - have I ever let you folks down in a review?  Nah!   Trust J-Law - she's just awesome.    


2 comments:

  1. H Joanne - not for me ... but interesting to read the write up - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. I was not being selective.

      Delete