Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Whatever Wednesday - Leonardo Drew # 235T at the Amon

Fort Worth's Amon Carter Museum.  Leonardo Drews   No. 235T  This is an original art installation in a very cool entry of this museum.  It might look a bit messy at first and then it is very cool.  I stood in the middle and just observed, digested, and  appreciated the artist vision. 

 He draws his materials by "weathering them through oxidation, molding, and carving.  He refers to  anchor planets and then  stars."  It's  all very organic and just damn cool. 

At first I was overwhelmed.  And then I stood in this gallery and let my eyes adjust and appreciate his vision. 

The Amon Carter Museum is awesome.   They have also interspersed Avedon's pieces - photos of the west throughout their gallery.  I love Avedon photos.  So personal and full on tricky. 

My Saturday of Art was fun.  Plus a yummy lunch at the Modern. Very flavorful.  

8 comments:

  1. What a unique place! I bet you can spend a lot of time looking at his art. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very unique work. I would like to visit other locations where he is featured.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is busy. You have to step back to really look, connect, and appreciate. It is fun.

      Delete
  3. Hi Joanne - I'd enjoy seeing more of his work in person - his creativity from a young age is pretty amazing - and I see he was noticed early on by talent scouts from DC Comics, Marvel Comics, and Heavy Metal Magazine. Interesting - thanks for sharing with us - cheers Hilary

    PS - sounds like a great day out ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. A unique talent. And it’s always a good day in Fort Worth- a very cultural small city.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great Saturday trip. I haven't been to a museum in a bit. Maybe it's time. Hope you are well, Joanne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for the soul and creative juices. Hope there’s a museum near you. Enjoy the treat.

      Delete