I watched an episode of Hot Ones on YouTube and Penelope Cruz was the guest. She was pushing this movie The Invite, and it sounded intriguing.
Well, it was different, angsty, very all talkie, amusing at times, cringe worthy, and I can't recommend it.
But - I was interested enough to stay and watch. Does that make sense? This was a Thursday matinee and there were two other ladies in the theater. As we were leaving, the one said, "Well, I guess I'm not allowed to pick a movie for awhile." Ha!
Olivia Wilde directed this and also starred as Angela. She's married to Joe (Seth Rogan). She's invited the upstairs neighbors to dinner. Joe is not happy and pretty much promises to be rude.
Ding dong - doorbell rings and here's Hawk (Edward Norton) and Pina (Penelope Cruz). They are obviously very cool and exude an exotic flair. Here's where Penelope shines - she just pops on the screen. She has the best lines and you can tell Joe is feeling her vibe.
Well the conversation does take a racy turn....I won't say more. But the tempo of the movie picked up, the stress of the awkwardness heightened, and let's just say someone might need to move!
Hey - the theater was air-conditioned and I killed two hours. I did laugh out loud at some lines - Seth can be amusing in his delivery. And thumbs up to Penelope - she is damn hot and a good actress.
This was my public service announcement for you.


No comments:
Post a Comment