Friday, August 14, 2026

Finally Friday - Euphoria by Lily King


 Euphoria by Lily King has absolutely NOTHING to do with the HBO series Euphoria starring Zendaya. 

I learned this after buying the book for  $1 at my library sale. I  went by title only and I like this author. 

SURPRISE!  ha

cover blurb - Three young, gifted anthropologists in the 1930s are caught in a passionate love triangle that threatens their bonds, careers, and ultimately their lives.  

Studying a tribe on  the Sepik River in  New Guinea, Andrew Bankson is close to suicide. Then the famous Nell Stone and her Aussie husband Fen arrive in the area. He's enthralled and promises to lead them to a new tribe. The TAM are an artistic female led group.  Ultimately their groundbreaking work will make history, but not without sacrifice.

Lily King wrote an intriguing novel based on Margaret Mead. Desire, passion, and possession.  Maybe the book is a bit like the Zendaya show (a few less drugs!)  Good writing. A worthy read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment