Sunday, June 12, 2011

Go Mavericks





Early June, hot as blue blazes, and I'm floating a lot in the pool. Reading and writing and sports are all encompassing in this household. Generally the boys of summer, Texas Rangers baseball, predominate. However, the Dallas Mavericks extended their post season streak and are in the NBA Finals. Not only that but tonight they could win it all over the Miami Heat (boo hiss).



Dirk Nowitzki, the Dallas center and quietly humble superstar, has proven his mettle. He's led the team, been a class act, and should earn Player of the Series, in my book. I'm not the best fan and don't watch every second. Too many time outs and fouls annoy me. Just play the game, people. However, I root for the Mavericks and Dirk. They fill the time honored tradition of underdog, and their story requires more page turning. I can only hope it's a satisfying conclusion.



Go Mavs!

No comments:

Post a Comment