Saturday, August 13, 2011

Vacation: Biltmore Estate Gardens

My blog and I are on vacation hiatus. Well, I'm back in Texas (grumbling about how we didn't break the consecutive day one hundred degree record). I am back to work, and catching up on reading, errands, and movies. Plus I had so many great pictures and I'm still enthralled with Asheville and the Biltmore Estate. So, let's walk about the grounds. Imagine life in the early 1900s. Grab a book from the immense library, find a bench under a bower, and between chapters enjoy the beauty.








This is the conservatory. Lovely building, amazing plants, and no mysterious deaths (a la Agatha Christie)



Our time in the garden was far too brief. Too much to explore and enjoy in just an afternoon.


Next post - Asheville

Upcoming post - The Thomas Wolfe Memorial










No comments:

Post a Comment