Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Bountiful Season

I've been a bit bah humbug, but I'm slowly building up some Christmas spirit. I think it's the weather - hard to be into hot chocolate and sweaters when it's eighty degrees. I'm wearing shorts and raking leaves. Nonetheless, I visited two friends this past weekend and their houses were quite cheery with decorations. The pop of reds and greens warmed the cockles of my heart. Maybe I won't be a Grinch after all.


So here's a poem to kick off December and the Christmas season:

Bountiful Season
by Joanne Faries

Christmas cheer and goodwill

from mountains to prairie to sea

rooms glow festive with candles

bells chime to bless you and me

pray for soldiers' safe return

full stomachs and treats

peace in all hearts

delightful friends shall meet

family hugs all around

laughs and stories galore

let this spirit prevail

holiday season and more

3 comments:

  1. I bought new decorations this year (all unbreakable). With 8 month old twins and a 20 month old I don't want to put out my precious decorations that I've collected over the years.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling a bit more Christmassy now, but even wearing thick jumpers and drinking hot chocolate doesn't usually get me in the mood. It's the music - you need some carols!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your poem! Honestly, I don't feel much in the holiday spirit of things, either. There's just too much going on!

    ReplyDelete