Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Book Review: Allegiant


The dystopian world created by Veronica Roth in the Divergent series comes to a satisfying and wow-factor conclusion in Allegiant.  Believe me, you won't believe the end - I had to re-read it to let it sink in. After Divergent and Insurgent, our heroine Tris is trying to keep the worlds from colliding. There are still folks drifting in their groups, and the factionless who align with no one. As expected in a crazy futuristic world (or even today's world) - folks can't seem to get along. War is building, and it's up to Tris to stop it.  

Or wait, is Caleb her brother (whom she doesn't trust) ready to sacrifice himself to destroy the death serum. Are they going to be able to give folks a memory erase and start over?  Roth creates a believable future and the choices are scary. But we've trusted Tris and Four (Tobias) so far - we have to count on them to make the right choices.  

Allegiant is a powerful page-turner and I can't give any more away. I'm blown away by the writing and characters and now I can't wait to see Divergent on the big screen in March 2014.  

p. 125 "I thought that Divergent explained everything that I am and everything I could be. Maybe I was wrong".

p. 181 "There is a kind of inevitability in the sky, like it has always been waiting for me, maybe because I relish height while others fear it, or maybe because once you have seen the things that I have seen, there is only one frontier left to explore, and it is above." 

Start reading the series now, and be prepared to be enthralled

1 comment:

  1. I fear it might be too stressful for me. As you may know I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to books and films and characters getting themselves into scrapes.

    ReplyDelete