Friday, July 12, 2019

Philly Friday to Wednesday

 Tuesday was Birthday Party Project time - theme was Carnival. Fun time at the women's shelter, celebrating kids birthdays. There was face painting, balloon animals, and more.
 Speaking of birthdays - Monday July 15 will be my father's 88th birthday.  Here's the baby George
 And my dad with his father, Fred - two dapper dudes.
And here's dad three years ago.  I'm headed to Philly for a long weekend jaunt. I'll hang with my father, celebrate 88, and I'm sure we'll have some laughs. He's a tough old bird and still in his home.
Wish us luck and good cheer.

Fingers crossed my flights go as planned. Summer travel = ugh.

Take care all. Happy July and more posts late next week. I have book reviews out the wazoo.

10 comments:

  1. Safe flying and enjoy a birthday weekend with your father. That's great he's still at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. We had a great visit. He's hobbling along

      Delete
  2. Hope a great birthday weekend and visit is had

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your father is a handsome man still. Enjoy and celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. He's very alert and is doing okay. We had fun

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday to your Dad. Great pictures of him. I hope you enjoy the weekend and have safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. Enjoyed some "cooler" weather. It was heating up fast when I left. Dad was doing okay.

      Delete
  5. I hope it all went smoothly, joyfully too. Your dad looks like a sweet, staunch man. You're lucky to have each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you'd like him. Great sense of humor and very kind.

      Delete