Wednesday, July 1, 2020

What's in Your Queue?

When I'm not at work, I am reading, swimming, and of course, sitting on my butt with the clicker. I admit to lacking concentration these days, so I do scroll more and can't seem to settle as well on a series.  So, what's in your queue?

I am very very excited for Hamilton the Movie this Friday.  I LOVED the stage production. I love the music.  Ray... dibs on the big screen.

Speaking of Disney Plus, Ray and I are plowing through the Star Wars movies in order. We both had missed some through the years and I didn't "get" a bunch of stuff. Now, it's making sense to me.
Our achievements:
I Phantom Menace
II Attack of the Clones
III Revenge of the Sith
Solo
Rogue One
IV  A New Hope
V  Empire Strikes Back
VI Return of the Jedi
VII Force Awakens
VIII Last Jedi
and one to go -   IX Rise of Skywalker
We've also watched Mandalorian and liked that a lot.  Aren't you proud of us?

I've also revisited oldie faves - Lady and the Tramp,  and Tangled

Netflix
The documentary Athlete A is superb - it's about the gymnastic scandal that affected all of those girls. Quite a tale and truly sad. As we cheered them on, the behind the scenes story was shocking.

Ray and I ripped through Ozark.  Now read that Season 4 will be the grand finale. Man, they are some evil people. I love Ruthie the best.

Will Ferrell's latest is really silly - it tickled my funny bone  Eurovision - Rise of Fire Saga. Iceland, music. He's Lars. Rachel McAdams is Sigrit. Worst singers ever to be in the competition. What could go wrong?

Hulu
Mrs. America - quite good.  Rose Byrne is great as Gloria Steinem. Cate Blanchett - icy cold as Phyllis Schlafly.

Just started Atlanta - I like Donald Glover.

Amazon
Started Upload - it's quirky weird. I find Amazon annoying to use - just not as friendly as Netflix.

So, how are you folks using your time?  Any major binge achievements?
I'll take suggestions.

Happy Wednesday. We're soaring to index heat numbers over 100...heck yeah, I'll be watching more television. Stay cool.



14 comments:

  1. Me Joanne is either on my laptop looking at the blogs, reading, doing puzzle books and watching TV. Boring yes but at present am reluctant to go out especially after last Thusrsday's fiasco here on the beach.

    Take care.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. boring but safe - I'm proud of you. Join the club!

      Delete
  2. Great on you to get through all those Star Wars movies. Especially that God awful Revenge of the Sith. The acting in that was sooo cardboard.

    Binged Bosch, and going through Yellowstone, but not much else here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've perused Bosch. I like the book series, but wasn't hooked on the tv show

      Delete
  3. Good for you! I'd like to run through all the Middle Earth movies in a row. Been rewatching a lot of Marvel films. Not in a row though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marvel flicks shall be a goal soon. We must keep our priorities straight. ha! I'm okay with no Lord of the Rings - been there, done that. I'm good.

      Delete
  4. Hi Joanne - I just take what comes along and catch up with some things. Enjoy - and if it's that hot - yes stay in and cool ... and stay safe - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too busy researching and stretching your brain, my friend. I don't see how you can fit in any telly.

      Delete
  5. I'm into anything I can find that you'd call soft stuff right now on Netflix, and food TV wherever I can find it, ideally commercial free...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you - I lean toward entertainment, but every so often do some serious stuff.

      Delete
  6. We're super excited for Hamilton. We've booked our 16 year old for Friday night! We saw it last year in London and I can't wait to see it again :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope Disney has the juice to keep everything rolling. The GOT finale day - internet bogged down here.

      Delete
  7. We watched Hamilton last night, and we both enjoyed it. We've been going through all the old episodes of Survivor during this pandemic time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hamilton was awesome. I've not done many reruns. I always liked Boston Rob - he was clever

      Delete