Thursday, February 29, 2024

Bonus Leap Year Day 2024 - Year of the Dragon


 It's the Year of the Dragon 2024    I've been gathering some assorted quotes from the Wall Street Journal that struck me - all very random.  So enjoy this bonus post on a bonus day.  Why February?  Dang - generally cold, dreary, totally useless.  

Enjoy

Art is the expression of man's pleasure in labor - William Morris

I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses - Johannes Kepler

Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home - David Frost

Children at play are not playing about; their games should be seen as their most serious minded activity - Montaigne

I liked Keplers the most, especially in this most ridiculous election year. 

I hope you are playing  today - it's a bonus day of  total frivolity.  Use it wisely (ha!) my friends. 

4 comments:

  1. Yes, that one is also my favorite.
    Maybe February gets the extra day because they felt sorry for the short month?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or because February is generally crappy weather, it’s to keep us humble.

      Delete
  2. thecontemplativecat here. I am with Alex, I like #1, #2 is good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey. How are you? I also like David Frost’s humor, since he did do a talk show. Ha!

      Delete