Monday, March 11, 2024

Book Review - Maybe Next Time by Cesca Major


 Maybe Next Time by Cesca Major is a clever twist on a Groundhog Day premise.  

It's a Monday.  Emma is very preoccupied, constantly on her phone, and absorbed in her work life. Dan,  her husband,  is coping. Her son and daughter are existing. Even  the dog ignores her. 

Social media, clients "emergencies", groups for kid sports, school, playdates, and more. She makes her own day frantic and "busy".  But is that really life?  Is she in the moment and truly enjoying her family? No. 

Then it's her anniversary... there's a  screech of brakes...

cover blurb - Dan is dead

the next day, Emma wakes up...and Dan is alive. 

It's Monday again

again

again

She tries to change the course of fate.  Will she ever learn the lesson being taught in regards to the social media, to being with her children, to enjoying her husband, to really living her life?

This is a What If? story and I enjoyed it immensely.  It shall  make you appreciate setting down your phone  and truly being with your family or whomever you love. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Joanne - thankfully I'm not besotted with my phone or being on it all the time. I know many are - I guess not having kids helps ... mine sits here ... used occasionally - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed I can sit my phone on the table and walk off to do stuff. And when I’m out, say at the zoo, I’ll take some pictures but not snap the whole time. I want to truly experience an adventure.

      Delete