Monday, August 31, 2026

Monday Moments - Suffs - the musical



 




Back on August 8th, I treated myself (and yes, I do treat myself to shows a lot) to the touring production of SUFFS at Bass Hall in Fort Worth.  It's a Tony Award winning musical by Shaina Taub. She is the first woman to win  for Best Book and Best Score.  The show was fabulous and totally lived up to the hype.  I remember watching a musical number on the Tony Awards and thinking - oh, yeah, when it rolls through here, I am going.  

SUFFS is the story of brilliant, passionate and funny American women who  fought tirelessly for the right to vote. The show  explores triumphs and trials and frankly the split in some women's styles - old school  vs new.   The show made me realize I need to bolster my knowledge of many of these famous women - Mollie Hay, Ida B. Wells, Alice Paul, and so many others. 

The musical is clever  - catchy tunes, great voices, and wonderful production. If it rolls through your area, I urge you to buy a ticket.   Support the arts.  Support women. Support the right and privilege to vote. 

And more than ever, plan to vote in the fall!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment