Friday, March 3, 2017

Finally Friday - Fiction


Finally Friday is here. This week has been a beast. I've been typing a lot, but it's boring work documents.  No time for fiction.  But let's look at a few pithy quotes on the subject. It makes me feel like I've been a writer. 

Fiction is the highest autobiography - Saul Bellow

Fiction is Truth's elder sister. Obviously
No one in the world knew what truth was till somebody had told a story  
Rudyard Kipling


Fiction is like a spider's web, attached ever so lightly perhaps
but still attached to life at all four corners
Often the attachment is scarcely perceptible
Virginia Woolf


Happy Friday everyone - fact or fiction - make it a good one and enjoy the weekend



21 comments:

  1. Tell the story and let the fiction take hold then the facts shall follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiction, a way to let it all out that no one would want to listen to otherwise. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good quotes Joanne and I sincerely hope you get to type some more of your manuscripts.
    Have a good week-end.

    Yvonne,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting quotes. I especially like the Kipling one. Creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no quotes to offer. I hope for you that you'll soon have more time to create what you want.
    Barbara from Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that Rudyard Kipling quote. Wishing you a lovely weekend, Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fave is the Virginia Woolf quote. I like the fragility of a spider web, yet so strong too.

      Delete
  7. Cool quotes. The Virginia Woolf one is my favorite too. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Friday and Weekend! Hope it's a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to blog a lot about things going on in my life with my kids etc. I don't do that so much these days. We have had really weird things happening with circumstances. I'm sure some people that read my blog thought I was creating fiction (sadly I wasn't and worse yet I never told the whole story to protect privacy :)

    These days I'm reading a lot of fiction, angst stories but it helps me cope :)

    Happy weekend!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth can be stranger than fiction. Often a fine line

      Delete
  10. Hi Joanne - sometimes we need to chill out don't we - I hope you get some fiction time this weekend ... happy reading and then writing ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. So far reading and snoozing is working out for me. Lazy!

      Delete
  11. Love these quotes. I'm slowly coming around to working on my brand new novel, which went on hold over Christmas... I realised, recently, that Christmas is over?

    Hope you've managed to fiction over the weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete