Monday, March 13, 2017

Monday Moment - Ice Cream Swirl

My moment occurred on Tuesday.  Ray and I headed to a show but we stopped at Jason's Deli for dinner. I enjoyed a yummy chicken wrap and then went to partake of "free" ice cream. Like a DQ, the machine dispensed soft serve vanilla, chocolate, or a combo swirl.  Ray had already come back with a lovely perfectly shaped cone. (This picture is from Dreamstock and it's not a swirl but you folks know what DQ cones look like)

Anyway, I manage to create the biggest mess you've ever seen. I pull down on the handle and a dribble appears in my cone. I push up and nothing happens. I pull down and an ice cream swirl is flowing but it won't stop or cut off.  I have a glob and more glob coming into my cone. It's rather obscene. I look for a spoon or something to try to cut off the machine. There's nothing around.

What shall I do?  Should I just go ahead and put my mouth under the spigot and just eat directly? Well, no... that would be rude and unsanitary.  I stop pulling the handle, then I admit I used my finger to just swipe my mess into my cone. I trust the next person would let the leftover go into the trough, and then begin again.

Have you had any machinery fails?  Are you inept at dispensing ice cream?

I came back to the table with the saddest looking cone. Ray was laughing...."What the heck did you do?"

I gave a rueful grin and ate my mess. Sigh - what can I say?

14 comments:

  1. Sorry your cone ended up a mess. I guess those used to sucking on a beer keg wouldn't have thought twice about sticking their mouths underneath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well there were enough folks around to frown on that. Ha

      Delete
  2. Too funny! I hope it tasted good though! I don't like the new soft drink dispensers where you have to push a multitude of buttons to get your selection. I am always messing up at them.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I can always make ice chunks fly everywhere too
      And the ice cream was okay. Not awesome after that to-do

      Delete
  3. Sounds like there was a clog somewhere? It's not supposed to do that! But now I'm craving an ice cream cone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The clog was me!! But thanks for thinking otherwise

      Delete
  4. haha well at least you got it done, no matter how it was, or wasn't, spun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops. I've never had to create my own cone, but I imagine I could rival your mess :-) Bet it tasted delicious though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It may not have been pretty but it still tasted awesome I bet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever works. Sweets do not get wasted with me

      Delete
  7. Haha! That sounds like something I would have done. As long as it tasted good, who cares how it looked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love ice cream, great post Joanne.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete