Thursday, June 24, 2010

Laugh Riot Read


My sister introduced me to Jen Lancaster's writing and I'm hooked. I'm also envious. Her style is my style only on steroids. Funny, snarky, colorful - her sentences are laugh out loud snortingly hysterical, and her footnotes are not boring.
Pretty in Plaid follows her life in fashion - through Girl Scout days, Jordache jeans in the eighties, and the ubiquitous navy suit for all upcoming career gals. Yes, comparisons to the Love Boat are made, and slowly Jen works her way in shoes to almost the Manolos. I laughed out loud as she, the political science major, realizes college never prepared her for collating and faxing. How do these machines work?
If you are looking for a light summer read and chuckles galore, I recommend author Jen Lancaster's collection:
Bitter is the New Black: Confessions of a condescending egomaniacal, self-centered smart-ass, or why you should never carry a Prada bag to the unemployment office.
Bright Lights, Big Ass
Such a Pretty Fat
and her latest, which I have not read yet: My Fair Lazy
Enjoy!
(Her blog is funny too: http://www.jennsylvania.com/ )

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a good read. The other day I came across a pair of Jordache jeans that I had put away until I could squeeze into them again. I'm guessing even if I lose a few pounds I probably won't be wearing them.
    Ann
    Cozy In Texas

    ReplyDelete