Friday, February 5, 2021

Finally Friday - Kick Back, Be Quiet, Have a chat with Friends

February Friday and what's ahead for the weekend?   I always have time to kick back - Chucks on, afghan snuggle, and a good book. Or I might be "resting my eyes" a second.   ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
This quiet meme is very true.  Take time to just turn off the noise - no TV, no radio, no phone. 
Take a moment to stop, breathe, listen
Well, due to pandemic, there have not been any in-person birthday parties for kids at shelters.  I have contributed, and the BPP is fortunately still providing birthday in a box for them - treats, gifts, and more. It's not the same. But it's still a celebration to let kids know they matter. 
This Saturday, I am going to an in-person party for an "older" kid - Linda Hoffman (in the green). Garage or patio depending on the weather. We (me on the left, Julie in red) are celebrating quite a number (her real day is Monday 2-8-21) and Linda loves a party.  So pizza, bubbly, and some cake, along with an afternoon of chatter, laughter, and no doubt stories and reminiscing.

I'm glad it's Friday and a weekend.  Go Patrick and Chiefs on Super Bowl Sunday - yes, that's my day to bond with Ray. 

Hope you can kick back, be quiet, and chat with a friend or two. Take care and stay safe.  
 

16 comments:

  1. As I hear often from my pastor - be quiet and you will hear God speaking to you.
    That's great you are getting together with your friends to celebrate. Doing it like that is safe and you get some fellowship time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe in quiet reflection, then I believe in plenty of chatter with friends. We try to be safe outdoors - but it's going to be a bit brisk on Sat.

      Delete
  2. Hope you enjoy the party! There's a slight possibility I'll be having a 2nd birthday (in April) in lockdown. I hope not though. One was enough :-)

    The birthday boxes for kids in shelters is such a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey - we can have a birthday anywhere there's wine, chocolate, and a few friends spaced apart on a patio or garage. It will be okay!

      Delete
    2. We're currently not allowed friends on patios. I can meet one person not from my household for exercise (which means we can walk and talk, but not sit on a bench in a park!)

      Delete
    3. that would be very tough! I'm not good at walking and talking (especially in a straight line) at the same time - ha!

      Delete
  3. Hi Joanne - I've always preferred the quiet - yet at times, like now, I have some music on ... I shall be celebrating quietly my brother's birthday on Sunday ... at home ... we may even have some snow! Just enjoy yourselves ... stay safe - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers to your brother on a possible snowy birthday. We all have to make the best of it

      Delete
  4. Our parties are family only. We used to have the whole family of 25+ and it was pretty noisy. Now we have more time to visit, enjoy each other's company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is just us three gals, and Tom (Linda's husband) pops in for food. We've got the garage party down!

      Delete
  5. Great post Joanne, it's good to get together with friends...... still waiting to be able to do that.
    Have a great weekend.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, it's taken some juggling and weather has to cooperate for outdoors. Stay patient and safe - we all have a little ways to go. Take care and enjoy your weekend too

      Delete
  6. You're a stellar woman who surrounds herself with stellar people.

    There's something going on Sunday, you say?
    Hope it's a fun time for you and the Mister. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had the best time on Saturday - you'd have fit right in and had a blast.
      Now today - we are being lazy - it's Super!

      Delete
  7. Sometimes just taking in the quiet is a win indeed. Hopefully the weather cooperated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had my quiet moments, and also plenty of laughter time too. A good mix!

      Delete