Monday, August 15, 2022

Monday Moments

Caught up with some ladies that I went to high school with during my visit  to PA. Had a lovely brunch in Skippack. 
Also got  to help at Encore Cafe in Harleysville. Cindie is the chef and oversees meals  for seniors. I helped a bit with lunch prep and got  to see her in action. It was impressive and the crab cakes were yummy.  She feeds at least fifty seniors M-F and did take-out meals during Covid 2020 and into 2021. 
The old homestead. Gotta love big old oak trees

 Yep - lucky in PA and in TX. I have a good life. 

6 comments:

  1. Always nice when you get a chance to volunteer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanne - such fun to catch up ... and also volunteer with your long-time friend; then the old homestead - lovely to see ... and your card ... we are blessed, we are lucky ... so right - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Being “home” and with friends is the best

      Delete
  3. How lovely to see old friends again! I saw one of my best friends from school at the weekend after several years - a great way to sweep the decades away :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I like when you just start up where you left off. So nice to have the same reference points.

      Delete