Thursday, September 29, 2016

Book Review - Celibacy and Suburbia


I am a fan of Robyn Alana Engel's writing. Her blog, Life by Chocolate (http://rawknrobyn.blogspot.com/ ) is a hoot. As the sole author in her household ( read Woman on the Verge of Paradise), Robyn draws upon her life, her humor, and a lot of chocolate. She is a small bundle of energy with a big heart.

I was not a part of her book launch or promotion tour. Now, as someone who bought the paperback and devoured it in a weekend, I officially recommend Celibacy and Suburbia by Robyn Alana Engel.

Her dating ad mockery demonstrates her wit. Her guest celebrity interviews (Martha Stewart!) will leave you in stitches. And finally there's Calenderotica - the holiday erotic poems that make you yearn for more treats in a year.

I have to quote Janie Goltz from the back cover blurb - Robyn Alana Engel hits the G-spot of hilarity.

It's a crazy world, and Robyn is mining it for comedy gold.

14 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get it! I loved her first book!!! Robyn's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems a wonderful book, I wish her all the good luck. Thanks for showing us this review.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yep. Decided to promote it. Gotta root for fellow talented bloggers

      Delete
  4. You brought a huge smile to my tired face this morning, Joanne. You're a priceless friend and co-author/poet/all the good stuff. Thanks so much. I'm really glad you enjoyed it. I may need to borrow some quotes from you, love the way you described me and my book. (I'll check with you if I do that.) Virtual hugs and much gratitude.

    And thank you, JoJo, Yvonne, and Alex!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome and you are worthy. I hope I reach some new readers for you

      Delete
  5. Robyn sure knows how to bring the fun indeed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is just a good person and a fun writer indeed

      Delete
  6. Sounds really good! I haven't read her blog, will check that out and maybe even the book :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a hoot. A tad R rated but truly fun. I hope you enjoy her work

      Delete