Friday, September 23, 2016

Friday Food Fun

 I don't take many food pictures but near the end of our cruise, I decided to take a pic of this dessert. They were always so pretty, yummy, and light
 I took this pic for my guys at work.  Lunch is expensive in Alaska
 Ray did a food tour of the galley. I had a bit of a cough by the end of the trip and decided to not subject the kitchen to my germs. He took these pics of their food carvings and presentations
 The pastry chef was showing off
 They prepare up to 12,000 plates a day on the ship.  Impressive. The room service group has its own kitchen. We used it a few mornings for breakfast - I needed my OJ and some fruit. They were right on time per my request.
And another dessert - this was a light as air strawberry mousse delight.

Happy Friday everyone. My brown bag lunch at work will be rather sad compared to the above.

22 comments:

  1. No wonder people gain weight on a cruise..lt all looks delicious.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. That all looks so delicious. I'm hungry now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures Joanne. Made me feel hungry just looking.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pastry chef is talented. Yeah, you eat good on a cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sure play with their food, in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With food like that to eat every day, a cruise to some podunk Nowheresville would be a ton of fun. And a ton of fattening. (I don't have your restraint.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first cruise and very nice but I was ready to be off the boat. I lived on dramamine

      Delete
  7. I'd get off the boat weighing about 50 pounds more.

    Things are expensive in Hawai'i, too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to work on some restraint but we stayed active. Did more than when I am at my desk job

      Delete
  8. Everything looks so great! I know Alaska is very expensive. I think a gallon of milk is $10.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tourist stuff is pricey but so is real life too. And often remote

      Delete
  9. Yep. But talking with locals they love it. AK is a state of mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Joanne - looks good and gosh I bet they do prepare masses of food - thanks for sharing with us. Expensive - ... I'd forgotten that bit! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have to save up for this trip. We planned for almost a year

      Delete
  11. last one is so yummy and mouthwatering

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of the best. I also had a mango mousse that was delish

      Delete
  12. It all looks so good. The pastry chef must really enjoy his work! :)

    ReplyDelete