Friday, November 2, 2018

Friday Miracles

Wednesday 10/24/18, Dr. Michael Blair, in just ten minutes executed a miracle. He removed a severe cataract from my left eye and did laser stuff that removed my extreme astigmatism. I awoke and could see the clock on the wall without glasses.

That has not been possible since third grade, age eight. ( am not ancient either - just born with bad eye genes. My father has already apologized!)

Wednesday 10/31/18, Dr. Michael Blair, in just ten minutes executed another miracle. He did the exact same thing on my right eye.

I can see........distance........without glasses.  For those of you who have always been able to see, you have NO idea of the magnitude.  For those of you with glasses....holy cow. I can see the clock when I wake up in the morning. I can see the stupid ESPN crawler at the bottom of the TV screen again.

Science miracles do occur.

Do not take vision for granted. There is so much to see and read. It's fabulous. I am awestruck.

9 comments:

  1. So pleased all went well - we are so lucky to be able to have these sorts of surgeries today and not worry so much about our health ... as our medics take care of us ... I'll add new hip - haven't needed anything else, so far ... all the best - en enjoy your weekend's viewing of the world at large! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. Yes, I'm very grateful for each new discovery. Just have to pay for it....

      Delete
  2. Isn't it GREAT??? My vision was never that bad to begin with, but I had cataract surgery in 2001. WOW! For me, the renewed vividness of colors kept me oohing and aahing for a long time. My hubby teased me about it until he had the surgery several years after mine. Like you, he'd worn glasses since an early age, and he's still amazed at being able to see without them. Now, my left lens has become very cloudy, so the doctor says I need a laser treatment to fix it. I've also got glaucoma, so I certainly don't take my vision for granted. Every day I can see is a blessing. And CONGRATULATIONS to you for the awesome new vision. Like I said, isn't it GREAT???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is great!!!!! and I don't have to read that in big print.

      Delete
  3. What wonderful news Joanne, are you singing the song"I Can See Clearly Now?".
    My eyes are not too good age related I'm afraid.But so pleased for you.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. Yes and I can see clearly now and the rain is gone (for at least a day or two)

      Delete
  4. Science sure has come far indeed and now you can see far too. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's exciting....a whole new world awaits, and drivers to not have to fear me on the road

      Delete
  5. So happy for you that all went so well. I've worn glasses since first grade. My eye doctor says I have the beginnings of cataracts, but that it's too early for surgery to remove them yet. If I eventually have the surgery, I hope my results are as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete