Wednesday, July 17, 2019

I'm BACK - Late

Howdy folks
Back from my visit with my dad and we had a darn good time. Ate well. Plenty of laughs.
My flight was, of  course,  delayed, so got back later than I expected today.

Thus I'll just do a quick Wordless Wednesday pic - interesting shadow at my dad from blinds in the window to a facing doorway.

And this door is one that will actually open easily and stay open. Or if you close it, it will stay closed.
Crazy old house that could use a serious renovation. You just never know what will happen when you enter a room.  And don't try to go down the basement without a flashlight. The regular overhead lights may never turn on.

Surprises at every turn.

Cheers all - hope you've been well.

15 comments:

  1. A dark basement with only a flashlight? This gal isn't brave enough! I'd have to do all my basement business during the daylight hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but if the lights don't turn on, you still need a flashlight to poke in the corners. It is freakin' scary

      Delete
  2. Well at least the house keeps you on your toes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a challenge for a top notch athlete, let alone a man on a walker

      Delete
  3. Hi Joanne - so pleased you had a good trip with your Dad ... they'll be great memories as the years go by. Sounds like your Dad's house is doing well for its age - like your Dad who sounds brilliant ... lovely picture - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. He truly muddles along with a sense of humor. You'd like him

      Delete
  4. Glad you had a good trip. My first thought about those lights not going on is about safety. Is there a short in the wires?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother thinks it's a bad ballast. I don't know.

      Delete
  5. Hm, some deep meaning to that door's way of being (Staying open versus staying closed).

    Glad you had a good trip. You and your dad are very special people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always good to spend such time with your dad. A little envious her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am fortunate. Mom passed 28 years ago. He's my key to the past

      Delete
  7. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed another terrific visit with your dad. (You're such a good girl...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey - it's fun to just step back into time. Just hang out. Plenty of snooze moments.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you had a nice visit (with a bit of extra adventure along the way). Glad you're safely back home again.

    ReplyDelete