Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Whatever Wednesday - Northern Spy by Flynn Berry


 It wasn't all just fun and games and eating while in NC.  We actually had quiet time each afternoon. It was a bit too hot and steamy to be outside.  So some ladies snoozed, others did choose to sit  on the outdoor swing in the shade. I pretty much slouched on the couch and zoomed through Northern Spy by Flynn Berry. 

This fiction book covers the "troubles" in Belfast and I found it fascinating. There's a lot  that  happened I was not aware of at all.  Tessa is a new mother. She's trying to keep up with her baby, Finn,  and also her reporting job. It's a shock when a news flash  shows her big sister, Marian, bombing a place. 

Tessa's  head is reeling. No  way would Marian be a part of the IRA.  Slowly, Tessa is pulled into a world of double cross. Is Marian really working as an  informant?  Should Tessa help too? 

There are a lot of twists and turns. I don't want  to give anymore away.  I really enjoyed this book and the authors style. I highly recommend Northern Spy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joanne - sounds an interesting read ... I see it's praised by the English press ... I'm going to think about it - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve got friends headed to Ireland. They’ve liked her fiction writing for awhile.

      Delete