Monday, October 7, 2024

Monday Moments - Celebrate me tomorrow


 Tomorrow, Tuesday October 8th is my birthday.   I was a happy little girl
Happy enough adult

Me with my brother  David.  We still get along and have  a good time when we can get together.  He's up in PA, so the jokes are mostly via text.   Or he's bragging about his Wordle streak. 

I didn't grab a pic a my sister Lori for this post.  She's ten years younger, so I didn't want her youth to divert attention from me (snicker). 

Me with Dad back in the day.   

I miss him  daily since  he passed at 93 in  May. 
And here I am on our recent  jaunt to Oklahoma  City.  Rotator cuff surgery is the added bonus to 2024. Not a stellar year, but still smiling.  PT is  going  well and  I've  had no  pain. A hardy damn Yankee from PA who lives in TX.

You see plenty of pics on this blog featuring me and Ray - we do have a lot of fun.   No  big  celebration planned this year. He's been my star, taking good care of me. I'll make it another year or so at this rate - ha!

Cheers all.  Raise a glass, eat some chocolate cake, and celebrate with me.  Thanks. 

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday early! You woke up this morning and that's a big plus, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. And the sun is shining. Considering weather and the world, I can’t complain about a thing. More cake please!

      Delete
  2. Hi Joanne - sorry life is just life at the moment ... no excuses ... Happy Birthday and times ahead ... Yes Ray and you have complimented each other over the years ... good for you both - enjoy that cake and champers or whatever!!! Take care and enjoy the weekend ... my goddaughters (one honorary and one real) both have their 32nds (I think!!) this weekend ... going to see the family one down here ... the real one is up in the Cambridge area) ... cheers to you both - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sorry needed. Glad you are being you. Family time sounds wonderful. Enjoy it and fall with gusto. All good here! Cheers and cake!

      Delete