and it houses over 300, 000 books. Yes, you read that right. Five floors of well curated used books.
Pick a category, any category and you'll find a treasure.
Very nifty old barn door
Outside view. This was SO cool to wander. Every coffee table book imaginable is here.
I did not spend money because I was flying and I've been downsizing my collection. But oh, this was so tempting. It would be a great place to come do research for any weird topic.
And then Tuesday - beach day at Rehoboth Beach. Gorgeous day. BUT - big alert - jellyfish water. Oh yuk - so damn creepy. Walking along the waves, you had to really watch to not step on anything gunky.
Still worth it - just sat and watched the waves, the seagulls, and cute kids making sand castles.
Plus - bonus pizza on the boardwalk AND ice cream. Treat day
Books and beach - does life get any better?

Hi Joanne - what a wonderful place to visit ... lucky you - I note that a lot of the books were stolen in 2019 ... so unfair. The jellies blocked something fairly major I seem to remember ... yes ... lots more of them around and they can be really horrible ... I suffered when I was 9 or so from the beach outside Bexhill where my grandmother lived - she coated me in witch-hazel ... stinging!! Glad you were able to just enjoy the waves, seagulls and ? cute kids building sand-castles!! Pizza and ice-cream via the boardwalk ... sounds good ... cheers Hilary
ReplyDeleteYes…book heaven. No elaborate security system that I could see. Counting on honesty- oops
DeleteJellies are the worst!! Just creepy.
But marvelous time no matter what. Just a beach atmosphere brings joy.
May your day today be joyous. So fun to “ chat” here.