Friday, December 10, 2010

Cue the Ice Skating Music

What have I been doing with my time? Didn't finish NaNo - too busy listening to my Dad snore during Thanksgiving. We had so much fun - hung out, saw movies, visited, laughed, and ate plenty. Now it's Christmas season and I rejoice in the decorations, the baking, the whole idea of Christmas. My mother loved the season and I think that's something I inherited from her.

My husband's a good sport and has a bit of National Lampoon Christmas in his soul. We have lights out front AND lights out back. Hey, those are the ones we see and they reflect off the pool. Thanks, Ray - awesome job!
Yeah, fake tree. Got tired of sneezing every year. The fake tree sheds too, so we have the joy of needles. But it's pre-lit and I love putting our individual decorations on it. So many memories - trips, gifts, and past Christmases. Truly a joy to view.


Found this snowman head in Granbury and couldn't resist. Kinda cracks me up - so goofy, so joyful. Cue music from A Charlie Brown Christmas by Vince Guaraldi Trio - timeless and smooth. Christmas Time is Here or Skating, Hark the Herald Angels Sing..............the list goes on. Current tunes - gotta love Baby, It's Cold Outside from the Glee soundtrack - I love Kurt's voice.



Nifty story. My aunt's been giving me Byer's Choice carolers for many years. However, last year was the "last" time. BUT, my father saw that there was a special edition caroler in honor of the North Wales Library - 100th anniversary. Well, that's OUR library - I grew up there, going weekly, reading voraciously. Special Christmas treat - my father presented me, my sister, and sister-in-law with the unique librarian - - signed by Mr. Byer himself. Wow!!!! That's the thing about Christmas - the little stories, the memories, and the love.
Bask in the season. Reflect. Enjoy. No worries.




1 comment:

  1. You didn't mention I'd need a tissue for that last story, Joanne! That is SO COOL! I hope the "Librarian" has a place of honor -- looks like she does. Merry christmas, my friend, and enjoy all the baking, music, sit-arounds and lights in your lovely home this season. ☃☃☃

    ReplyDelete