Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Book Review: Let's Pretend This Never Happened


Let's Pretend This Never Happened By Jenny Lawson is terrifyingly personal, crazy hysterically funny, and while I can't say I wish I had her life, I do wish I could write with such wacky aplomb. Growing up dirt poor, with a father doing taxidermy, Jenny Lawson has a skewed view of the world. Her husband Victor is a gem, who obviously she adores and drives insane at the same time.

If you want to laugh out loud and cringe at the same time, this book is for you. Here's a paragraph that cracked me up, only because my father was a personnel manager:  p. 112

There are three types of people who choose a career in HR: sadistic assholes who were probably tattletales in school, empathetic (and soon-to-be-disillusioned) idealists who think they can make a difference in the lives of others, and those of us who stick around because it gives you the best view of all the most entertaining train wrecks happening in the rest of the company.

Check out her blog for added humor to your day - www.thebloggess.com

I can't pretend I didn't read Let's Pretend This Never Happened 

3 comments:

  1. How refreshing to hear of a laugh-out-loud book. Not sure I like the sound of the cringing but I certainly prefer this to the many dark and disturbing reads that are out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the dichotomy that seems to be present in the book. It sounds like a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds great. I loved the paragraph you posted :-)

    ReplyDelete