Sunday, August 23, 2015

Weekend Reflections

I don't write a lot of personal stuff. I give opinions on art and movies, but not much of real life. However, since I've whined a lot on the typical Texas summer heat, I shall report on an excellent Texas weekend.

First, last Wed eve the temp was high 90s. Then the "cool" front blew through and we awoke to 66 on Thursday morning. Say what??? That's insane. Folks at work were giddy. There was a pep in every step. The high Thursday was a refreshing 78..................!!!!!

Now Friday, things got back to normal with a high in the 90s, but the air was different. The breeze was not a hair dryer. It boded well for a Saturday family swim party. Oh we were prepared for heat stroke, but instead it was delightful.

The coolers were filled with refreshing beverages. I had snacks -watermelon and strawberries (healthy), and Chex mix, chips, dips, and cookies (tasty treats!). My cabana boy (Ray) had the pool in perfection state, the cabana was up, yard looked fine. We were ready for the gang.

Such a nice day. Not too hot, not cold. Pool was comfortable and the kids swam from 1 to 6 - only sunscreen breaks under protest.

I personally think it was one of the nicest family gatherings we've had. It's always pleasant but this one was very stress free and just flowed.

So, that's my share. I hope you folks had excellent weekends as well, as the summer starts to wane. Kids in TX start school Monday and then Labor Day looms. It all goes much too quickly.

cheers!

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks. It's nice when everything pulls together

      Delete
  2. Hair dryer breeze - I know that feeling. Glad you had such a great day in the pool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, but the hair dryer is back today in full force. I feel sorry for any kids trudging with backpacks. I am ready to plunge in the pool after work - it's what I live for

      Delete
  3. It's cooling down a little here too -- just enough to appreciate the weather. Alas, where's my cabana boy? Nah, I want all the strawberries and watermelon to myself. Chocolate too, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you folks get some rain in CA. If we ever get some I'll send it your way...along with chocolate too.

      Delete
  4. It sounds wonderful! I'm glad it turned out to be so nice for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete