Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Book Review - Explosive Beginnings by Susan Flett Swiderski

Explosive indeed - this book is filled with richly developed characters with plenty of secrets. I read it in one weekend because I wanted to know what the heck was going to happen to these folks. Archie is complicated and I can't say I liked it him, and yet he truly is human with flaws and flashes of redemption. Maddie - saint or sinner? Kids - Scott and Samantha - have a lot of spunk. Often kids get shunted into cliched writing, but not in this book. I can't write more about the plot line because it goes from tiny pops to huge blasts in no time. I've read the author's blog and previous works, appreciating her humorous takes on life. Explosive Beginnings has a deft touch with some funny quips, but it's far deeper as a family saga with mystery, drama, and plenty of life land mines. I highly recommend Explosive Beginnings by Susan Flett Swiderski for a charged weekend of reading.


Available on Amazon

http://www.susan-swiderski.blogspot.com


16 comments:

  1. An excellent review Joanne I felt as though I read it with you. Sounds great.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is good and Susan is an awesome blog friend

      Delete
  2. I recently read this as well. It kept me going right to the end, wanting to know what would happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Joanne. Another added to my list.
    That's a beautiful cover, and Susan's a beautiful woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. put this book to the top of your list. And yes, Susan is great!

      Delete
  4. Thanks, Joanne! I appreciate the recommendation. You rock. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey - if I hadn't liked it I would not give a good review. Thank God, you are a creative interesting writer and I can recommend this.
      Plus you are an awesome person - that's a bonus.

      Delete
  5. Is already on my list. Have to watch those landmines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Joanne for your recommendation...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Joanne .. great you've reviewed Susan's Explosive Beginnings ... I could imagine many scenarios - having been with you both for a number of years in the blogging arena. I'm looking forward to reading it ... I'm sure it will live up to my expectations - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you are supporting a fellow blogger and good solid writer!! Thanks on her behalf

      Delete