Friday, May 24, 2019

Memorial Weekend


 Happy Memorial Day Weekend.  This is the fun, whimsy stuff.  Here are my little displays.  In the dining room I've got the flag runner and then symbols of summer - shells, etc. 

In the bathroom - more summer stuff - flamingos, fish, and beach turtles.  Heck yeah - I'm ready to swim.  It will be a fast plunge this weekend - from all of our rain, the pool is a brisk 68 degrees.
I'm a hardy Yankee gal - I can do it.

And the serious stuff for Memorial Weekend. It's not all about swimming, grilling, and chilling.

Soldiers everywhere have given their lives in the pursuit of freedom.  We shall remember and salute their sacrifice.

Cheers everyone and enjoy a safe and wonderful Memorial Weekend.
(and yes, I'm SO grateful to have a three day weekend - no work Monday - whew!!!!!!!!
It has been forever at work since New Year's Day - our last paid holiday. Holy Crap!!!! )


12 comments:

  1. Those who fought and died for our freedoms...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly. Have to keep the perspective as we do frivolous stuff.

      Delete
  2. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have to remember even as we enjoy. Hope a great weekend is had at your pad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that saying about freedom -how true it is. Enjoy the holiday weekend, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and back at you, my friend. Hope it's been calm and reflective

      Delete
  5. I like your decorations! Hope you've been enjoying your Memorial Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joanne - I hope you had a peaceful Memorial weekend with no work ... it's always good to bring out appropriate memories at various times of the year. The weather will be warm soon - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather has been quite warm already - it's TX. Hope your bank holiday was a good one

      Delete