Monday, September 16, 2019

Movie Review Madness - Hustlers

Oh Baby. I've always liked Jennifer Lopez and she is beyond Jenny on the Block in this movie. She OWNS the freaking block - Manhattan, Wall Street - at night, when men are looking for some fun/trouble.

Hustlers is based on a real story and it's hot. It's gritty, female empowerment, working hard for the money, and it's entertaining. Destiny (Constance Wu) is caring for her grandmother and trying to make a living. She's dancing at a club and as the new girl is aced out of the big bucks.

Fortunately, she plays it smart and gets in good with Ramona (Jennifer Lopez). Ramona is a star - she's rolling in the dough and sees potential in Destiny, takes her under wing, and teaches her how to dance and play these Wall Street fools. It's all business. The hustle at the club is grand until 2008 and Wall Street explodes. The economy busts and times are hard. We see it all.

Then after a few years, a child for Destiny - she reunites with Ramona. New opportunity. New and old contacts to hustle, and Ramona has it figured out. Here's where it's dicey - drugging the guys, maxing their credit cards...hey, no one squeals because who wants to be out-hustled by some strippers? Until....

This is a slick, entertaining movie with good acting, a solid story, and it's not a stripper with hearts of gold. It's a bit down and dirty. Thumbs up. This is J-Lo at the top of her game. Don't laugh. She's darn good. And as Ramona says, "This world is like a strip club. There's always someone throwing money, and someone dancing."   Think about it!    Hustlers!

10 comments:

  1. Anyone partaking in that environment deserves to be hustled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and that was kinda the point. The ladies were breaking the law, but...you rooted for them.

      Delete
  2. Sounds great Joanne pleased you enjoyed the movie.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I would see the movie. I had little expectation for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luv me some J-Lo acting. Loved her in Selena.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she was really good in Out of Sight with George Clooney. Hot stuff!

      Delete
  5. Since I don't have that much money to throw around, I reckon I'll have to dance. :)

    Sounds like an interesting flick. J-Lo is more talented than most people seem to think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read other good reviews on this one too. Sounds like an interesting story with a twist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete