Monday, March 21, 2022

Monday Moment - Sing Like an Angel


 Renee Elise Goldsberry in concert was the grand finale event for my previous Sunday. This was after my DMA and Nasher art strolls. At 3 pm at the Myerson Symphony Hall, she appeared with a small band (piano, drums, guitar, bass, and backup singers) to sing. Oh my, this Tony Award winner gave quite a performance. Just lovely. 

She opened with "On a Clear Day" and that transitioned to "I Can See Clearly Now (The Rain is Gone)". From there, she spoke briefly about the past two years - pandemic, protests, war - and declared "Let's enjoy music and  have some joy in this  world."  She is doing her part!

From soul to pop to Broadway, her voice covers the gamut. She did appear as Nala on Broadway in The Lion King, as Mimi in Rent, and  best of all as the original Angelica Schuyler in Hamilton. Her numbers from that show brought down the house. 

Renee Elise Goldsberry shared her voice and energy with us for two hours. Joyous!

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time was had, how I long to get to a concert again.
    Hope all is well with you.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got to enjoy her angelic voice and presence in person. That sounds like quite a treat.
    Have a smooth week, Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. I'm glad I was spontaneous and saw her

      Delete
  3. Sing like an angel?
    I sing like a foghorn. So, there's that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good contrasts. As long as you sing like you mean it!

      Delete
  4. I can see clearly now is one of my favouritests. When all else fails music lifts spirits and omg do they need some lifting right now! So glad you enjoyed the concert. Hope your week is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. All fine here. And yes, music just lifts the spirits.

      Delete