Friday, February 9, 2024

Finally Friday - Freaking Fun Music from the FWSO

Super fun Sunday Jan 21st.  I treated myself to an afternoon of the symphony orchestra and the music of Billy Joel and Elton John.  Two thumbs up winners.   The vocalist, Michael Cavanaugh, had starred on Broadway in "Moving  Out" - the Billy Joel musical.  He was handpicked by Billy to play the part. The man can play the piano like crazy,  and his voice is perfect for all of these songs. 

 Look at that  list.   Awesome  all around.  The conductor, Ron  Spigelman, looked like  he  was having a blast and the orchestra sounded stellar.  We all came out of Bass Hall just happy and rejoicing in the music  soundtrack of our lives.   Win! Win!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds wonderful. Can't lose with that playlist! I was invited to a Billy Joel/Elton John concert once but had conflicting plans. Just about broke my heart. Joanne, I tried to reach out to you via email from your blog profile but the link doesn't go through. Hoping to ask you a question/favor. May I ask you to send me an email which I am hoping you can link to from my blog profile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer you couldn’t see either live. Too fun. I will work on the email thing. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Hi Joanne - looks to be wonderful and obviously so happy making - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete