Wednesday, August 23, 2017

OKC Adventures - River Sport



Sunday – head to the river and visit the new water entertainment park.  www.riversportokc.org    Wow. Now this is a day of awesome.  White water rafting – it’s a man-made course where our Olympic kayak team trains. You can kayak or join a white water raft expedition. Whew – paddling that hard is tiring. I had no idea what to expect, but it was scary and exhilarating. That water is churning.  We were on the course for about an hour with three runs through the shoots. That was plenty. I felt like a drowned rat, but I lived to tell the tale. I would consider doing it again but not sitting in the front of the boat. (Of course, that is what Ray chose!!!)

Afterward, there’s a very tall water slide, there’s a zip line across the river and back – it’s pretty fast and far and quite a ride. There’s also an action trail you can attempt. You are clipped into the very tall metal mountain – cross rope lines, and hike swinging bridges.  There are plenty of water attractions for kids, plus paddle board, kayaks, and fun.  There’s something for the whole family and the pricing is typical for a water park day. The staff is helpful and safety is a plus.

So, who knew?  Now I know and you know that Oklahoma City offers a fairly close destination weekend of adventure and learning. And yes, you still have to sing “Oklahoma, where the wind comes whistling down the plain….”


18 comments:

  1. Now that sounds like fun. Not sure I'd want to be in the front of the boat though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been rafting on a man-made river and it's a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joanne - haven't ever really done rafting like this - have 'rushed some rapids' ... but does sound fun - as you're in the right environment - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds and looks like a lot if fun!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lot of fun! I wanted to do some white water rafting in North Carolina this summer, but never got around to it. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a place full of adventure. I'm glad you had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You definitely have more guts than I do. I wouldn't try any of it! lol There's a big water park here called Water Whizz and there is no way I'd go down those tall slides!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I am crazy. I married a daredevil and have to keep up!

      Delete
  8. Lokks like a good time was had b y all Joanne.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We used to go rafting down the Chattahoochee River years ago, and it was always a blast. Not much in the way of white water, though. We mostly enjoyed a leisurely float and went with the current. (With hundreds of other people.) We'd be in a larger raft with our friends, and we'd tow a smaller raft behind us... with a cooler of beer in it. That was back in the days where they guys seemed to think EVERYTHING required beer. Me? I drank soda and got sunburned...

    Very cool that you're willing to do these things with your hubby. Sounds to me like you're a lot more athletic and adventurous than you admitted in your book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your rafting sounded way better. And I'll have a beer please

      Delete