Monday, October 17, 2022

Monday Madness - Long Road to Mercy by David Baldacci

This is the first book in the Atlee  Pine  series and Long  Road  to Mercy by David Baldacci kicks off  a fun ride.  

Atlee remembers the day her twin sister was kidnapped. She's still haunted by it. Now she  works for the FBI and is a lone  agent in Shattered Rock, AZ responsible for the Grand Canyon area. 

A mule is  found stabbed at the bottom of the canyon and the rider is missing - Pine is pulled  into a terrifying case. 

 Cover blurb - If she disobeys direct  orders by continuing to search  for the missing  man, it will mean the  end of  her career. But unless Pine keeps  working the  case and discovers the truth, it could spell the very end of democracy in America as we know it...

Baldacci knows his stuff and  writes quite a credible tale. His heroine, Atlee, is a force  of nature. The pages turn as we stay on the precipice, awaiting a fall.   Whew!  I look forward to reading  the rest of the series. Stay tuned  for more reviews. 


 Yep - very true as we approach November Election Day 2022.  Democracy  - it needs  to stand.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Joanne - sounds an interesting read ... I'd love to be able to read as much as you do!!?? Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read but it goes in one eye and out the other. I wish I could remember more what I read. I come back to my blog sometimes to refresh my mind for a description of a book to recommend to someone. Silly me!

      Delete